About the Oakhill Campus
Oakhill Campus is the original Selworthy School site and home to our lower school. We have roughly 88 learners aged between 4 and 11 with a wide range of educational needs. Our learners are taught across 11 classes by a team of dedicated teachers and teaching assistants.
Oakhill is a place where children feel safe and supported to discover their own way forward. The curriculum is designed to inspire curiosity and lay the foundations for a fulfilling life both now and beyond school, with play as a fundamental and visible part of our lessons. We strive to ensure that childhood is filled with opportunities for fun and laughter, learning new things, interacting with others, developing independence and making memories. Multi-sensory learning provides all with the opportunity to feel, develop and learn through active engagement on multiple levels. Utilising our physical environment creatively and making best use of the resources available to us, we work in an open and transparent way. We engage with a full range of other professionals in order to secure the best offer for our school community.
At our core, we have 5 guiding principles:
- All members of the Oakhill community will be encouraged to be curious and ask questions.
- All members of the Oakhill community will work towards having meaningful and trusting relationships with other people.
- All members of the Oakhill community will be given reasons to feel a sense of pride.
- All members of the Oakhill community will have a voice and it will be listened to.
- All members of the Oakhill community will be encouraged to be the most independent version of themselves, developing skills that will support them beyond the school gates.
We understand our role and place within Selworthy School and in turn, as part of the Oak Partnership Trust and our local community and we know that as a school, we truly are SPECIAL and this is something to be embraced and celebrated.